Thursday, March 18, 2010

A Story of Fibromyalgia Pain "On Drugs"

All the Medicine we used, is it really good for you?

One day, several years ago when my wife was taking about 8 to 10 different drugs to control her symptoms. She took her normal doses and still was having problems going to sleep. I went to bed as normal while she was trying to deal with her daily problems of Fibromyalgia.

When you have a loved one with Fibromyalgia, your life also changes. So I routinely wake up every few hours and check on her. This one paticular night, I walked through the house turning off lights and the TV as usual. I turned off the outside front porch light to our 1st floor, in town apartment. Went through the living room and onto the kitchen and back to the bedroom.

Where could she be?

Then I looked at our bed and she was not there and thinking about it, I could not remember seeing her through the house. So I went back to the living room and she was not on the couch. I checked all the rooms and she was nowhere to be found.

I started to get a little worried and thought where could she be. Then I remembered turning off the front porch light. So I went out front and sure enough there she was and she had fallen asleep on our porch swing.

Well this wouldn’t have been a problem, it was a nice night, but we lived in the middle of town and it was 2:00am in the morning. The local bars were shutting down. Well because of side effects of some of the medicine she gained alot of weight and one of her meds would really knock her out cold.

   I could not wake her up! Well some times I was able to get her up and other times I had to leave her where I found her. I was not going to leave her out there at that hour of the night. I could not wake her up and I could not pick her up. So I ended grabbing her by the wrist and dragged her into the house. Then I covered her up and left her lay on the floor right inside the door.

I have hurt my back in the past trying to move her. I love my wife dearly and we have been married for about 27 years now. Because of stories like these we asked ourselves if “There is a way” to solve some of these problems without drugs or part of them. So www.thereisaway.ws was born.

Please click on our site here at: www.thereisaway.ws/Fibromyalgia to see some alternatives we have found to make your life a little easier!

[Via http://dlbauman.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment