Thursday, September 10, 2009

Day trip to Cape Palliser

We took a day trip to Cape Palliser yesterday and it was great

Can you believe that I hadn’t been out of the City for 14 months?????? Well, I couldn’t either but according to my diary it’s true

Anyways,  we set off at around 10.00am yesterday morning and didn’t get back until 6.00pm. The weather was great and in the Wairarapa region it got up to well over 20 degrees celsius. Heavenly temperatures for a person with fibromyalgia!

The Cape Palliser lighthouse can only be reached by climbing a steep set of wooden steps (250 in total) and my hubby was mildly surprised that I was up for it but I am so used to climbing steps (with the groceries, the trash and the dogs) that I didn’t find it difficult at all.

Had I brought a book I could have sat on that platform all day… Sometimes there are even fur seals on the cliffs below but at this time of year they are in their breeding grounds in the South Island. We did see little spring lambs everywhere though.

I’m feeling a bit tired today but apart from that I’m fine – a far cry from the weekend when I could hardly stand up from leg pain.  I’m still amazed at how quickly things can change. One day I’m fine and the next I can hardly get out of bed without help. It makes me want to enjoy and appreciate the ‘good’ days even more. Hopefully there’ll be plenty more in the Summer ahead.

[Via http://myfibromyalgiajournal.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment